Skip to main navigation.
Outage Reporting: (406) 467-2527 or 800-452-7516

Applying for Service

New Construction

If you have purchased or own property in Sun River Electric’s service area and are planning on doing any construction or building which will require electricity, please review the SREC Electrical Service Requirements.  You will need a State electrical permit; you can submit a paper application or apply online at

If you have any questions, contact us at 467-2527 or 1-800-452-7516. Our Staking Engineer will be glad to assist you with any information you may need.

Application for Service

If you have purchased or are moving onto property already served by Sun River Electric, you will need to complete an application for service for the account to be transferred into your name.  Please contact the office at 467-2527 or 1-800-452-7516. You will be required to do the following:

  • Fill out the application for service.
  • Pay a deposit, provide proof of an excellent credit rating, or sign up for our Pre-Pay Program.
  • Provide us with a meter identification number.

If you move off the system, Sun River Electric needs the meter number, the date you are moving, and a forwarding address. You are responsible for the bill until you contact us.


Please keep us informed when renters move in and out of your property. We will need a meter reading by which to transfer and a forwarding address for their final billing. We also need to keep our records current with your address and phone number in the event that we need to contact you. If a renter is going to be disconnected for non-pay, we make every attempt possible to contact the landlord before the service is actually disconnected.

Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo