Washington DC Youth Tour
What is the Government-in-Action Youth Tour?
Every June, as many as 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
2020 Youth Tour Contest Rules:
- The student must be a junior or senior in high school in the fall of 2020. (Currently a sophomore or junior).
- Student cannot be a prior winner of the youth tour.
- The student and/or parent or guardian must be served by Sun River Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- The student must write an essay on the following topic: "How can electricity be used to save and improve lives, especially in developing countries?"
- The essay must include a cover page with the student’s name, address, and telephone number.
- Submit the essay to Sun River Electric Cooperative by Friday, November 29, 2019.
Dates for the youth tour are June 20-26, 2020.
If you have any questions, please call Ross at SREC, 406-467-2527.